Monday, June 21, 2004

Clever Copywriting

I've often thought it would be fun to be a copywriter and come up with ads like the following (in the NYC subway):

"If you're feeling claustrophobic, think of wide-open spaces full of indigenous people selling crafts. Perhaps I can show you travel agents and airline reservations."

(for Verizon SuperPages)

It's creative and resonates with subway riders who are packed in like sardines!

Even the MTA itself (Metropolitan Transit Authority, for you non-NY-ers) had some cool ads telling riders to move their backpacks and turn down their walkmen (or do you prefer walkmans?) However, I doubt that the offending parties paid any heed to them...

1 comment:

annabel lee said...

I miss having the subway, but I definitely don't miss the sardinian feelings. I always did appreciate the clever, subway-centric ads. I'm "annabel lee" because "singlegalla" looks a little funny.