Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Wisdom from None Other Than Dr. Seuss

This quote speaks for itself:

Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr. Seuss

By the way, they sell Dr. Seuss books in Hebrew. Now that's a good test of Hebrew abilities and also lots of fun to read. Check out your local Judaica store!

For a graduation present, I received a book called Seuss-isms for Success: Insider Tips on Economic Health from the Good Doctor. It includes appropriate quotes from various books of Dr. S and the editor really managed to extract some great business lessons! The starting quote is most inspirational for me, and I need to keep it in mind as much as I did when I first graduated:

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.


-Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Oh, how I want to go places....happiness-wise....and...to Israel (which should come as no surprise to my faithful readers.) And maybe career-wise, but truth be told, I am skeptical that there's anything out there that would satisfy me. I hate the proverbial corporate ladder and I can't stand bureaucracy. I just need to make some money to keep my head above water... More about this later and I will open the floor for suggestions once I outline my qualifications for everyone's reading pleasure.

2 comments:

Esther Kustanowitz said...

Oh, you'll get there. We all will. It just takes time. And blind faith. And sometimes alcohol.

Anonymous said...

What places would you like to go to? countries? happiness land?

nice quote I'm not sure if it's not paradoxical somehow though